package review: Is it a must to use system libraries ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 30 22:33:19 CET 2008

The diffs are in https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/attachment.cgi?id=36

> So the actual diffs are minimal:
> - change the bpp from 16 to 32
> - set the output type to BRG15
However, my reading of it is these are used at build time of the
library, like they provide a hard configuration, rather than allowing a
user of the lib to call functions to configure the library. In fact if I
remember, the library was probably not designed as such.

> - modify the actual video processing algorithm
Actually the colortable[ ]  ?macro? is a call back into bsnes code
itself, ie code that isn't available to the library.

snes_ntsc.h:/* custom bsnes routine -- hooks into bsnes colortable */
snes_ntsc.h:		rgb_out = colortable[rgb_out];\
snes_ntsc.h:		rgb_out = colortable[rgb_out];\
snes_ntsc.h:		rgb_out = colortable[rgb_out];\

Best regards,

David Timms.