ffmpeg in devel: to bump or not to bump

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sun Sep 14 14:09:22 CEST 2008

Hi.
Apparently I haven't been communicating my intentions widely enough, so
I'll try starting a thread here for a change. ;)

Anyway, I'm sorry to bother packagers of ffmpeg-dependent software,
but I'd like to upgrade to a post-20080908 snapshot in a few weeks.
ffmpeg SVN r15262 introduced a bump to major libavcodec version, so
all dependent packages will need a rebuild. The last time this has
happened was in r4726, over 2 and a half years ago. There are some
API changes going on right now so I'm not going to do it just yet.
This is only the first heads-up.

If you think I shouldn't do that, speak up now. ;)

Regards,
R.

Livna http://rpm.livna.org | MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu
"Faith manages."