Install foo2* packages by default?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Apr 21 07:25:31 CEST 2009

On 20.04.2009 22:44, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Do we really want to install the foo2* packages by default?

I for one prefer if things "just work" which way more often is the case
if packages and driver get installed by default, even if they are unused.

That option (with the current packaging style) doesn't make sense
everywhere (fglrx and nvidia for example), but in the foo2* case it
doesn't do much harm besides wasting a bit of bandwith and disk space,
so I'd say it makes sense to install foo2* by default.

> Isn't there
> some kind of automatic printer driver download feature these days that
> maybe can be used?

Not that I'm aware of.

Cu