build targets

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 08:58:32 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 21:01 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 02:51:13 +0800
> solarflow99 <solarflow99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Michael Schwendt
> > <mschwendt at gmail.com>wrote:

> > >  But

> > > The build you requested did not contain those lines in the spec
> > > file. Make sure you do commit your cvs changes before creating a tag
> > >

> > > http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-10-rpmfusion_free/4871-dosemu-1.4.0-4.1905svn.fc10/
> > >

> > How can you see this, I dont see the spec file anywhere in the logs.
> > Also, I thought it was taking in the changes, I type:
> >
> > cvs diff -u
> > make clog
> > cvs commit -F clog
> > rm clog
> > make build
>
> There should be a "make tag" immediately before "make build".

And if the build fails due to some trivial reasons (some patches were
not committed to CVS before tagging, say), and you don't have to modify
the spec file before rebuilding, you can do this:

TAG_OPTS=-F make tag

(reuse the tag even though it's been created; this in effecttags the
files newly committed to CVS)

Use with caution, and *very* sparingly. If a build actually completes,
you're better off incrementing the release tag and then using the normal
'make tag' to create a new tag.

Cheers,

--
Michel