blcr, blcr-kmod build OK on F9, F10, but not devel

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:51:25 CET 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 04.02.2009 14:35, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Neal Becker wrote:
> >> I propose to release blcr for F9 and F10, since they should be working.
> >> Any objections?
> >
> > F9 and F10 already have a 2.6.29 RC in updates-testing.
>
> It's still in koji, but yes, it sooner or later will enter
> updates-testing and at least a few crazy people like me run it already.
>
> > Sometimes a Fedora release even gets released with a prerelease kernel.
> > You need to be prepared for that.
>
> And others run self compiled kernels from git or the kernel rpms from
> rawhide. akmods will rebuild the module for those kernel automatically
> -- but that of course only works if the module source compiles with
> those kernels.
>
> Supporting some of those use cases is not worth the trouble. But rawhide
> is important for us, hence we should do our best to have all kmods
> available there.
>
> CU
> knurd

Thankfully, upstream has given me a patch, although they say their policy is
not to support -rc kernels.

After the builds are successful, what are my next steps to get them pushed
out?  Is it anything like fedora?  I couldn't find this info on
http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors
It seemed to stop at 'request a build'