blcr, blcr-kmod build OK on F9, F10, but not devel

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Feb 8 09:59:48 CET 2009

On 05.02.2009 14:51, Neal Becker wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2009, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> F9 and F10 already have a 2.6.29 RC in updates-testing.
>> It's still in koji, but yes, it sooner or later will enter
>> updates-testing and at least a few crazy people like me run it already.
>>
>>> Sometimes a Fedora release even gets released with a prerelease kernel.
>>> You need to be prepared for that.
>> And others run self compiled kernels from git or the kernel rpms from
>> rawhide. akmods will rebuild the module for those kernel automatically
>> -- but that of course only works if the module source compiles with
>> those kernels.
>>
>> Supporting some of those use cases is not worth the trouble. But rawhide
>> is important for us, hence we should do our best to have all kmods
>> available there.
>
> Thankfully, upstream has given me a patch, although they say their policy is
> not to support -rc kernels.

Thx. Ideally you'd add those patches to the F9 and F10 packages as well
and apply them only when a .29 kernel is found -- then F9 and F10 users
that use akmods with self compiled or koji kenrels will be able to use
you kmod as well.

> After the builds are successful, what are my next steps to get them pushed
> out?

Nothing -- they'll automatically get pushed.

> Is it anything like fedora?  I couldn't find this info on
> http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors
> It seemed to stop at 'request a build'

Feel free to update the wiki.