Desmume & GCC 4.4

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 14:02:33 CET 2009

2009/2/13 Andrea Musuruane <musuruan at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>    it seems to me gcc 4.4 in devel broke desmume:
>
> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-development-rpmfusion_free/2765-desmume-0.9.1-1.fc11/ppc/build.log
>
> I haven't got any problems in building it under F-10 and F-9.
>
> Does anyone knows what is going on? Unluckily I'm not a C++ developer.

Fix are usually trivials. As explained in fedora-devel (search for gcc44 )
This is a common "missing headers" problem caused.
To search which header defines the function and now needs to be
explicitly included, do:
cd /usr/include/c++
grep va_list * -R
It will show you:
4.3.2/cstdarg:  using ::va_list;
Which means that you need to add:
#include <cstdarg> in the header of the file that use the related function.