RPM Fusion (Fedora - free) Package Build Report 2009-02-13

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 16:07:31 CET 2009

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:33:49 +0100, Thorsten wrote:

> On 15.02.2009 14:20, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Friday, 13 February 2009 at 18:18, rpmfusion-pkgs-report wrote:
> >> ============================================================================
> >> Packages built and released for RPM Fusion (Fedora - free) 10: 10
> > [...]
> >> NEW xvidcore-1.2.1-1.fc10 : MPEG-4 Simple and Advanced Simple Profile codec
> > Huh? This isn't new, it's an update.
>
> And it's no news that the push script for F10 marks packages that hit
> the updates/updates-testing repos for the first time as "new", as they
> haven't been in the updates repo beforehand ;-) In fact, that happens
> since the start of F10 for all packages that hit the updates repo for
> the first time. Fixing that in the push scripts afaics wound mean some
> work afaics; I don't think that's worth the work, as we hopefully sooner
> or later switch to koji and bodhi.

Build-report/changelog-diff inheritance is implemented only in one
direction: "testing" repo inherits from "stable" repo. For the new repo
layout as used by Fedora and adapted by RPM Fusion, "stable" (= "updates")
would need to learn about the "releases" repos, too. And these are not
maintained by the pushscripts.

Without updating the pushscripts, it could only be worked around when
filling the "releases" repo the first time: move all initial release
packages into the "updates" repo, run the "WhatsNew.py" script on
it, then move all release packages into the "releases" repo.
Too late for that now, though ;-)  and not worth the extra step IMO.

So, ugly side-effect due to using "releases" repos.