xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs-180.29-1.fc10.i386.rpm is missing in x86_64 repo

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:14:47 CET 2009

2009/2/17 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:12:30 +0100, Thorsten wrote:
>
>> On 14.02.2009 16:18, Julian Sikorski wrote:
>> > this is for F10/testing. For some reason it did not get multilib'd properly.
>>
>> Reason found, workaround applied, repo pushed, discussing real fix with
>> mschwendt currently
>
> Disabling the internal dep generator here breaks rpmbuild's automatic
> SONAME deps for -devel pkgs.
>
> The spec file enables a modified find-requires script that filters out
>
>  libnvidia-tls.so.1
>  libGLcore.so.1
>
> but what happens additionally is that the -devel pkg ends up with no
> SONAME dependencies at all because the script doesn't create any deps
> for the -devel package. The x86_64 build is affected, too.
>
> Re-enabling the internal dep generator, the result is this:
>
> $ rpm -qpR xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-devel-180.29-1.fc10.i386.rpm | grep so
> libGL.so.1
> libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1
> libcuda.so.1
> libvdpau.so.1
>
> And with that, the multilib resolving would work _without_ an
> explicit arch-specific dependency on the -libs package.
>
> [...]
>
> A cheap work-around would be to add explicit SONAME dependencies
> in the -devel package [getting the '()(64bit)' for 64-bit arch right]
> and adding a guard somewhere in %install that exits the build as soon
> as the shared lib soname symlinks don't match the explicit deps
> anymore.
It would be unaccurate according that:
- We have different serie for one given library as nvidia,
nvidia-173xx nvidia-71xx etc.
- Because the previous version of the package will remains in the
updates repository, it ends that for a given serie, the version
release) needs to be the same.

So it would be better IMO that:
Instead to add a requires on a library, let's make the -devel
subpackage to requires
%{name}-libs-%{_target_cpu} = %{version}-%{release} (which the -libs
already provides and it is how the main requires the libs already).
Does that will fit the needs of the multilib push script ?