Removing kernel module plugins for yum-utils

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:31:02 CET 2009

Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2009/2/25 Tim Lauridsen <tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com>:
>> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe it would be better to drop it from yum-utils in Fedora and ship it
>>> as separate package in RPM Fusion?
>>>
>> I think that is a good idea, if a 3 part repo is containing kernel module
>> there need special plugins, then they should be ship in the 3 part repo. As
>> it is in atrpms afaik.
> just a note:
>
> following you argument, there is a need to remove dkms from fedora then...
>

> Nicolas (kwizart)

I think you got my intentions wrong, i have no problems with kernel
modules and the plugin to handle them, but there is different ways to
package the plugins, so it seems like a better idea to let the repos
containing the kernel modules, control the plugin, so it matches the way
of packaging. instead of one upstream plugin there dont work right, in
some cases.

Tim