updating x264 and ffmpeg in F-10 (and F-9?)

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Wed Jan 7 00:20:51 CET 2009

Hi.

Since the update in rawhide went quite smoothly, I'd like to update
x264 and FFmpeg in F-10, too (basically backport the version that
landed in rawhide).

I hope I can build x264 and ffmpeg and keep them in the buildroot,
but out of updates-testing until all dependent packages are rebuilt,
just like we did in rawhide.

I have mixed feelings about updating them in F-9, though.

As a reminder, here's a list of affected packages:

for ffmpeg:
ffmpeg2theora
gstreamer-ffmpeg
k3b-extras-freeworld