updating x264 and ffmpeg in F-10 (and F-9?)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Jan 7 14:05:01 CET 2009

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote :

> Since the update in rawhide went quite smoothly, I'd like to update
> x264 and FFmpeg in F-10, too (basically backport the version that
> landed in rawhide).
>
> I hope I can build x264 and ffmpeg and keep them in the buildroot,
> but out of updates-testing until all dependent packages are rebuilt,
> just like we did in rawhide.

Trying to keep the current stable Fedora release with current
multimedia libraries and players is definitely a good thing. I'm really
all for it.

> I have mixed feelings about updating them in F-9, though.

Me too, same as everyone else it seems, so it would be best for it to
stay untouched.

Matthias

Fedora release 10 (Cambridge) - Linux kernel 2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64
Load : 0.33 1.67 1.81