EOL RPM Fusion for Fedora 8 now?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jan 9 13:57:28 CET 2009

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote :

> We never discussed this: Will we EOL RPM Fusion for Fedora foo if in
> parallel with the EOL of Fedora foo?
>
> I'd say we definitely should do that, which would mean that we EOL RPM
> Fusion for F8 now.
>
> More info: Livna in the past EOLed support for a Fedora release when
> that went EOL -- that worked fine afaics. Does anybody know how dribble
> and freshrpms handled it?

I used to sometimes update packages in freshrpms nevertheless, but it
seems like the most obvious choice to EOL the releases in sync with
Fedora. So for choosing an RPM Fusion policy, I agree with everyone
else to simply stop updating when Fedora does.

Matthias

Fedora release 10 (Cambridge) - Linux kernel 2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64
Load : 0.30 0.23 0.24