Where we are and where do we what to go?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jan 26 18:18:53 CET 2009

Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> IMHO this is not the main problem with other repositories not joining
> RPM Fusion. Some packagers don't want to learn/use Fedora guidelines.
> Some others use Fedora guidelines but do not want to cooperate with a
> (much bigger) project because they just want to mind their own
> business. Some others are willing to cooperate but they think that the
> infrastructure we and Fedora have is too complicated.

And some others know the guidelines very well, know just as well that their
packages need fixing to be compliant, but still want them to be available
somewhere until they get around to fixing them. (That's the case of the
stuff on CalcForge and a few other small repos (I think kwizart's repo is
similar, for example).)

        Kevin Kofler