Where we are and where do we what to go?

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 20:55:33 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> And some others know the guidelines very well, know just as well that their
> packages need fixing to be compliant, but still want them to be available
> somewhere until they get around to fixing them. (That's the case of the
> stuff on CalcForge and a few other small repos (I think kwizart's repo is
> similar, for example).)

Kevin, I didn't say that there isn't a need for such repo, I just said
that IMHO it is not our main problem in attracting 3rd party
repositories. After all, you and kwizart already take part (an
important part!) in RPM Fusion.

If I may add, I do not oppose the creation of such repository. The
only doubt about it is, because the packages in there wouldn't
"polished" (i.e. not peer reviewed, not in good shape, etc), what will
happen when users will have problems. Will they blame the quality of
RPM Fusion?

Bye,

Andrea.