Where we are and where do we what to go?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Jan 26 22:52:32 CET 2009

Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>>> IIRC Planet CCRMA is/was merging with Fedora.
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AudioCreation
>> I know, but I thought there were some packages in Planet CCRMA that might
>> not be acceptable for Fedora.
>
> I think Hans could answer this. IIRC he took part in the talks to
> merge Planet CCRMA in Fedora.

Yes, the biggest problem here is time, we simply need someone to get each and
every package in ccrma, clean it up and submit it for review.

I'm hereby doing the crazy thing of volunteering to do the needed reviews, but
I do not have the time to push this forward my self atm.

As far as rpmfusion is involved here, there might be a few things which need to
go to rpmfusion, but that in no way is the biggest problem.

>> I once asked gemi, but he iirc would prefer to see others taking his
>> packages and bringing them to Fedora or RPM Fusion (that's the long story
>> very short and roughly without the details).
>
> We already have a page in the wiki to track third party repositories.
> http://rpmfusion.org/FedoraThirdPartyRepos
>
> If all of us contribute a little to track down the maintainers, we
> could at least try to contact them, ask them to join, listen to their
> complains, guide them in the project.

Strong +1

Regards,

Hans