chain-build problem (was: Re: pkgconfig problem on RHEL-5)

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Fri Jan 30 10:27:52 CET 2009

> It turned out to be an old bug in ffmpeg's pkgconfig file
> generation. Fixed by applying an upstream patch.

thanks

as the new ffmpeg is not in the repo yet, I wanted to try
chain-build as
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingKoji#Chained_builds
suggests "when you want to rebuild a package against a just
rebuilt dependency", but it failed:

[kvolny at dhcp-lab-227 EL-5]$ make chain-build CHAIN='ffmpeg'
make[1]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add `+' to
parent make rule.
make[1]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add `+' to
parent make rule.
usage: koji chain-build [options] target URL [URL2 [:] URL3 [:]
URL4 ...]
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help
options)

koji: error: Unknown build target: el5-free
make: *** [chain-build] Error 1

looks like a bug in Makefile to me, but as I've never used this
feature, a misconfiguration/misuse on my side is highly
probable ... any hints?

K.