chain-build problem

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Fri Jan 30 11:43:25 CET 2009

> > chain-build as
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingKoji#C
> >hained_builds suggests
>
> That is (as the URL indicates) koji specific. Our buildsys
> (just like the plague for EPEL) automatically picks up
> everything that finished building as BR.

that is the only meaningful documentation I have found for
chain-build about which I have found running make help ...

> IOW: Just run "make build" and it'll pick up the new ffmpeg.

ok, thanks for the advice ... but it fails:

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.28499: line 32: fg: no job control

huh, never seen such error ... but Google knows, and it suggests
that macro %cmake is not defined; now the question is, why
mockbuild works for me and normal build does not, why the
configuration is different and if the buildsystem has to be
fixed or I just have to omit the % sign for EL spec to use cmake
directly (while the macro should be used in Fedora:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Cmake#Specfile_Usage)?

K.