Branched for F11

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jun 6 09:08:36 CEST 2009

On 30.05.2009 15:45, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 27.05.2009 22:12, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 27.05.2009 20:01, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [...]
> But I'd guess nobody should build anything in the devel branch anymore
> over the next few days apart from critical bugfixes to make sure we
> don't introduce any new bugs in those repos. Hence I plan to review any
> package updates a bit closer before pushing them. If something odd comes
> up I'll ask packagers or this list for advice.

kwizart build a new totally new nvidia driver (180 -> 185) for devel/F11
release repos:

http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=4139
http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=4138

It might be quite an important component, but problems with it can
(seldomly) damage hardware and if something is wrong with that package
it can bite users for the next 13 months. Thus I'm quite unwilling to
push this to the F11 release repos at this point with F11 only three
days away. A few days updates-testing for F11 IMHO is the way better
place IMHO.

Thus I didn't push it yet. Does someone agree/disagree with that
(kwizart obviously will disagree, asking more for other opinions here)?
If enough people disagree then I can still push it, but if something is
wrong then it might get hard to fix (which would cost quite a bit of my
time, which I don't have right now) because rawhide might move on
today/tomorrow and thus would need another round of mock adjustments on
all builders.