branching for F-11?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri May 8 06:42:27 CEST 2009

On 07.05.2009 21:51, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> are there any plans on creating the F-11 branch? I guess the remaining
> failed rebuilds need to be sorted out first, but then what?

Afaics it makes most sense to branch when F11 is ready -- e.g. something
between 1 and 5 days before F11 is actually released. The main reasons
for that option from my point of view:

- if we branch earlier then the mock configs on the builders and some
other things need major adjustments two instead of one times (once when
branched and once when F11 actually is there)

- we could build against the tree that will become rawhide/F12 once F11
is out; but that is only available directly from koji, which is slow and
far away from most of the buildes, which makes downloading packages a pain

- there is not much of a benefit for us afaics;