delta rpm's for RPM Fusion?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu May 14 19:48:02 CEST 2009

On 12.05.2009 03:01, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Any plans to support this in RPM Fusion?

Besides "would be nice to have": not that I'm aware of.

> Afaik, you just need to do,
> createrepo with --deltas argument on the server side.

Well, you need the old RPM to create deltas, but right now those
immediately get deleted for the rawhide trees (which can be changed
easily, but keeping one older versions for each package in rawhide would
waste some space)). For stable releases it's a bit different, but there
might be other factors that could complicate things a bit.

So basically more is needed, but it's likely not that hard. In fact I
tried to find time to take a closer look over the past few days, but I
didn't get far yet. Maybe I have more luck over the next few days.