RFC regarding rpmfusion-{non,}free-release and F11

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun May 17 16:41:22 CEST 2009

On 16.05.2009 20:45, Till Maas wrote:
> On Do Mai 14 2009, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, not completely sure yet, but that might work. Care to send a
>> patch? Ideally one that
>> * makes sure we don't need to do similar things for F12 and later
>
> This is my suggestion:
> http://till.fedorapeople.org/rpmfusion/
>
>> * also makes the user aware that he has to merge the rpmnewfiles if he
>> still uses the hardcoded mirror list (e.g things like
>>
>> mirrorlist=http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/.mirrorlist-free-fedo
>> ra-releases ).
>
> How about using a %post scriptlet that changes only this URL in *.repo files
> if they exist? This is not a very intrusive change and would be imho ok. Is
> there a list about which old URLs should be mapped to which new ones?

Committed your patch, did a few minor other changes, added keys for F12
and %post scriptlets. Please review the diffs:

 http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-commits/2009-May/005140.html
 http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-commits/2009-May/005142.html
 http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-commits/2009-May/005143.html

I'd like to push those to testing soon and move them to stable one or
two days after that to make sure as much people as possible get them
before they update to F11.

Cu