delta rpm's for RPM Fusion! (was Re: delta rpm's for RPM Fusion?)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun May 17 20:44:07 CEST 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009 19:00:32 +0200, Thorsten wrote:

> On 16.05.2009 08:46, Jonathan Dieter wrote:

> >> What kind of repository inheritance is implemented by Fedora
> >> Infrastructure for deltarpms?
> >> For example, are F-11 deltarpms generated against F-10 Updates *and*
> >> F-10? Or even a level deeper down to F-9 Updates plus F-9?
> > The only repository inheritance is F-10 Updates inheriting from F-10 GA,
> > and the same for F-9 Updates from F-9 GA.  F-11 Updates currently
> > inherits from Rawhide F-11, and Rawhide F-11 only generates deltarpms
> > against itself.
>
> Mschwendt committed changes to the master push scripts that should make
> something like the above easy to do in RPM Fusion as well.
>
> But I didn't update the push scripts on our master server yet. F11 is just
> a few days away and I'd prefer not to do major changes so close before a
> release.

JFYI, it's not "major changes", and both the recently committed features
need to be enabled explicitly. In other words, you don't get deltarpms
or signed repomd just by updating the scripts. Also notice that it's
still possible to test without pushing anything, e.g. by enabling
features for just "development" and then running RepoBuild.py manually.