Builder disk space

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Mon May 18 14:30:15 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 09:00:09AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 18.05.2009 08:36, Adrian Reber wrote:
>> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 11:21:29PM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>> So I've had two build submissions for mythtv fail tonight, both due to
>>> disk space issues on builders. One was my own (remedied for now), the
>>> other is the lisas.de builder. Not sure why tmpwatch on my end doesn't
>>> seem to actually be doing anything, will look more tomorrow, just wanted
>>> to give a heads up.
>> I also deleted the root caches on the lisas.de builder again and
>> disabled them completely for now. Thanks for the information.
>
> Hmmm, is disabling the "root caches" a good idea? I got the impression
> they speed setting up the base buildroot (and hence building) up a lot.
> But I never investigated closer. Well, time will tell and we can revisit
> this later if needed.

Disabling the "root caches" is a good idea for reproducibility of our
builds and if there is not enough space on the builders ;-)

If we want the "root caches" I need to add more disk space (no problem),
but as the builder was not working anymore I was looking for the best
solution for now (except deleting the cache every second week).

		Adrian