How to move on with infrastructure?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 1 13:58:59 CET 2009

On 01.11.2009 09:06, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Well, because…
>
>> I could give you access in some areas, but I also only partly know how
>> things work. And for now I would prefer not to hand out access to not
>> mix things up even more and to not get into Xaviers way.
>
> ;-)
> If you ask people for help, you also need to give them the required access
> they'll need to help you.

I'm not the infrastructure lead for RPM Fusion, Xavier is. He should
handle and coordinate that, and that's what I hoped to archive when I
started this discussion.

Or, to say it differently: Consider in Fedora that someone from rel-eng
would not really be happy with the work of the current Fedora infra
team. Assume further that this rel-eng person still has admin
permissions everywhere in FAS, as he did some infra work in the past,
but stopped a while ago.

Should this rel-eng person thus use this power and simply add people to
the infra group in FAS and without bothering to ask the infra lead? I'd
say the answer is a definite "no", as long as the infra lead is still
around and does his job good enough (IOW: as long as the benefits
outweigh the risks and disadvantages).