rsync problems with download1.rpmfusion.org

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Mon Nov 2 14:41:34 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 01:22:08PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Adrian Reber wrote on 02.11.2009 13:02:
> > I am seeing intermittent errors when connecting to download1.rpmfusion.org.
> >
> > Sometimes it works but most of the time I get:
> >
> > rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
> > rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(759) [receiver=3.0.6]
>
> Pix (CCed) is afaik the only one that can fix this. He normally is
> reachable via IRC, but until now hasn't been online today :-/

Thanks.

> > This is means that mirrormanager probably does not give out a 100%
> > correct mirrorlist, because it does not know what the newest packages
> > are. I also cannot update my own mirror. If somebody can please check
> > why this is happening... That would be great.
>
> Would it be easily possible to reconfigure mm to make it return only
> download1.rpmfusion.org until this gets fixed?

It would require some manual work. Setting all mirrors to disabled and
later turning them back on (hopefully remembering those mirrors which
have been disabled previously).

I have now run the script to check if all mirrors are up to date a few
times and it looks like I was able to connect to all rsync modules. So
for a few hours we have the right content in the MirrorManager database.

Unfortunately it still fails sometimes.

		Adrian