Any remaining work for F12 repos?

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 23:37:45 CET 2009

2009/11/10 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
> Hi!
>
> Our rawhide trees seem to be in a mostly sane state now. Here is a list
> of steps I'm aware of before the Everything repos for F12 can be created:
>
> - move the nvidia-driver to the nonfree-updates-testing repositories, as
> requested by kwizart (#928)
One of the task that would help to solve this problem with selinux
will be to review nvidia-xconfig and nvidia-settings, because thoses
will not be hitten by the selinux denials. (whereas the pre-built
equivalent will, as rpmlint shows).

For the record, the nvidia pre-built binaries have a compatibility
mode from linux 2.4.1 (whereas fedora 11 has linux 2.6.18). It also
means that the flag to verify that the binary doesn't requires
execstack is off (because it doesn't exist at all). I might workaround
it for libraries IIRC but I'm not aware of such workaround with
binaries.