Any remaining work for F12 repos?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 15 19:05:40 CET 2009

On 14.11.2009 22:08, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2009/11/10 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
>> Our rawhide trees seem to be in a mostly sane state now. Here is a list
>> of steps I'm aware of before the Everything repos for F12 can be created:
> [...]
>> Anything else? If yes, then please speed up, as I'd would like to create
>> the Everything repos on Friday -- updating them afterwards is a lot of
>> manual work, hence I'd like to avoid that.
> OK for me once we have the last Cg and mock-rpmfusion* in GA repository.

Just for completeness: I think it's totally ^w very bad to build
packages on the very last minute for the F12 repos without strict need,
as they now will be in there for the whole lifetime of F12 now, even if
they contain serious bugs (¹).

Nevertheless I pushed them, as that obviously was what you wanted. But
But I'd vote that we for the next release have a real repo freeze for a
week or two, where only those things get changed in the last minute
where the benefit outweighs the risk.

Just my 2 cent.

Cu
knurd

(¹) that's not completely trues, as it's possible to get them out there,
just a lot of manual work that I would have to do