bsnes 0.051+

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 20:08:09 CEST 2009

W dniu 30.09.2009 09:20, Andrea Musuruane pisze:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I only had a quick look, and the RAR code is the only problematic one,
>> but it seems that RAR support can be disabled. Does the fact that the
>> libsnesreader.so is dlopened and not linked to change anything here?
>
> Yes. It does change libsnesread license and bsnes license can even be
> incompatible AFAIK. But the libraries used in libsnesreader must still
> have licenses that are compatible among themselves.
>
>> Also, unless somebody is willing to do the work to make this monster
>> acceptable for a Review, we have two options:
>> 1. keep updating the emulator regardless of the missing compressed ROM
>> images support, or
>> 2. stay at version 0.050 indefinitely
>>
>> I'd go with option 1, maybe including a note in the readme explaining
>> why the support is missing and what can be done to help the situation.
>> What do you guys think?
>
> I'd go with option 1, but I would also try to learn how to fix
> libsnesread in the meantime :)
>
> Bye,
>
> Andrea.

0.053 brought yet another code separation, libsnesfilter. Having said
that, in the process of severely crippling snesfilter (only zlib
support), I have managed to make it work with system zlib. Spec files
and srpms are available on my fedorapeople page:
http://belegdol.fedorapeople.org/snes/
Please have a look. Also, won't these be suitable for Fedora proper
(after removing unrar code, of course)?

Julian