How to move on with infrastructure?

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:22:58 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 21.10.2009 20:39, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
>> Am 21.10.2009 20:27, schrieb Thorsten Leemhuis:
>>> Some of you might be aware of it, other not, but we afaics have a
>>> (whole) lot of medium-sized and small problems in the infrastructure
>>> area(¹). The main ones from the top of my head:
>>
>>> - multiple people offered to help in the past (²), but not even one of
>>> those people found its way into the project/the infrastructure team:
>>> Why? It can't continue like that, as that is a route to fail...
>>
>>> - it sometimes take a lot of time until cvs requests are done
>> I have offer my help
>
> Many thanks for that!
>
>> and ask for documentation how it's works.
>
> "Lack of documentation on how our infra and the team that takes care of
> it" is one of the problems I forgot to mention... Sorry.
>
>> But unfortunately I haven't got any response.
>
> I could give you access in some areas, but I also only partly know how
> things work. And for now I would prefer not to hand out access to not
> mix things up even more and to not get into Xaviers way.

If the lack of documentation is one of the problems, can we arrange a
time to make a workshop/lecture on IRC, so that people who have the
knowledge could deliver it? I assume that there are various folks who
could offer help, even at a minimal level. But it is not easy to
figure out where to get a lead.

Orcan