bsnes 0.051+

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:37:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

as of 0.051, bsnes is now GPL. This is not the only change, however. It
also now requires an additional library [1] to support compressed ROM
images. The problem is that this library seems (at the first glance)
contain mostly duplicated code from rar, 7-zip and friends, albeit
modified. I have no skills nor time to try patching it up to use
system-wide libs, so I have no idea how to proceed. For now, I have
requested the latest bsnes build not to be pushed to stable, but it is
of course only temporary.
I have attached a preliminary spec file, which gets the job done. The
thing is whether we are willing to accept such a chunk of (at least
partially) duplicated code to save the ability of bsnes to use
compressed ROM images.

Cheers,
Julian

[1] http://byuu.org/bsnes/, the snesreader library