rpmfusion and no frozen rawhide

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Apr 27 08:53:22 CEST 2010

Adam Williamson wrote on 26.04.2010 21:06:
> [...] I
> don't know if the actual Fusion packages are built against F14 but
> labelled F13, but if they are that's a very big problem and we really
> shouldn't do it. Anything built against Fedora's Rawhide repo is for
> Fedora 14 and should be labelled .fc14, not .fc13.

There iirc was a small window when rawhide branched when F13 builds
where done using rawhide. Xavier changed it back then and I did a lot of
other adjustments in the past weeks, so everything should be sane now
(and mostly was duing all that time; yes, that's the long story short,
but there is nothing to worry about afaics).

The only remaining thing that need fixing is a rebuild for those
packages that were build against rawhide and contain "fc14" in their
name. (libmms, gnome-mplayer, gecko-mediaplayer). That's on my todo list.

BTW, in you blog post you wrote
"""
There’s a secondary problem with F13, which is that as far as RPM Fusion
is concerned, F13 doesn’t seem to exist.
"""
That's incorrect. Everything is on the servers, but the 13 repo is not
under development/13 -- instead there is an empty one in the final place
and everything is in the updates and updates-testing repos for now, as
that's easier to handle with our push scripts.