Legal opinion : partly non free graphics

John Arntz jsarntz at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 06:43:03 CET 2010

--- On Tue, 1/5/10, Andrea Musuruane <musuruan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org>
> wrote:
> > As suggested above, may be submit the issue to Fedora
> Artwork team ? I
> > quickly browsed Artwork and Games SIGs pages, but I
> didn't see anything
> > targeted toward helping with graphics replacement
> though, but I might
> > just have been too fast.
>
> My impression is that the Artowork team really doesn't care
> much about
> games and it seems really to be too small to cope with
> other issues
> too:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/report/6
>
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2349520&group_id=42434&atid=433129
> > The last 2 comments are from me. I hope upstream can
> update us on the
> > graphics licensing status.

The reason I had brought up the Artwork team is because in the Games-SIG mailing list, that was something that was brought up when it was found out one of the Worms-like games contained non-free graphics/audio after it had been in Fedora for a while. But I don't ever remember if there was ever an actual resolution with it.