Multimedia stack update in rawhide (x264, ffmpeg)

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sat Jan 16 23:02:24 CET 2010

On Saturday, 16 January 2010 at 16:04, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> It's that time again. :)
>
> I'm updating x264 (SO version bump 78->83) and ffmpeg (no major ABI
> changes AFAICT).
>
> Affected packages:
> * avidemux

Builds, but for some reason tries to install stuff directly in /usr/share
instead of /usr/share/avidemux, so package creation fails. I hope its
maintainer can look into it.

> * ffmpeg
> * gstreamer-plugins-bad

Of course I meant gst-plugins-ugly. This builds fine.

> * libquicktime
> * mencoder

Having some trouble here, but unrelated to x264. I'll keep you posted.

Nicholas said he has taken care of libquicktime and vlc.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."