viewvc change breaks bugzilla sync script

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:36:14 CET 2010

Some time ago, the following link

  http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/owners/owners.list?root=free&view=co

has changed to give an error instead of a checkout of the file in cvs:

  An Exception Has Occurred

  Checkout view is disabled
  HTTP Response Status

  403 Forbidden

[...]

Initially I thought it would only be temporary. But it still happens.
I wanted to start 2010 with looking into it again, but I've failed to
process this item as my todo list got longer.

So, short summary: The SyncBzComps script, which syncs the owners.list
files into bugzilla, currently cannot do its job.

If the checkout view option can be enabled again, that would fix it.
Else, some other work-around will be needed. Such as anon cvs access.
(Does that exist?)