Multimedia stack update in rawhide (x264, ffmpeg)

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 18:34:56 CET 2010

2010/1/23 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at greysector.net>:
> On Saturday, 16 January 2010 at 16:04, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> It's that time again. :)
>>
>> I'm updating x264 (SO version bump 78->83) and ffmpeg (no major ABI
>> changes AFAICT).
>
> FYI: x264, ffmpeg and mplayer have been built and should be in the buildroot
> already. Please rebuild avidemux, gst-plugins-ugly, libquicktime and vlc.
I was waiting for libcdio update to 0.82 to hit rawhide. that wasn't
done as of yesterday rawhide set and today's retry despite my own
local mock builder worked, but buildsys version remains older:
"DEBUG util.py:256:   libcdio-devel       i686       0.81-3.fc12
   fedora-rawhide       440 k"

I would like to have an anwear about this kind of issue about why
there is such long delay for packages required at build time in the
rawhide set.

I will give a retry on monday or tuesday.