kmod iscsitarget patch to build for kernel 2.6.32

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Jul 2 08:12:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 06/28/2010 11:30 PM, Sophana K wrote:
> Hi
>
> kmod-iscsitarget does not compile anymore on kernel 2.6.32
> log is here:
> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-12-rpmfusion_free/7038-iscsitarget-kmod-1.4.18-1.fc12.25/ppc/build.log
>
> A patch must be applied. Here it is from gentoo:
> http://ftp.eenet.ee/gentoo-portage/sys-block/iscsitarget/files/iscsitarget-1.4.18%2Blinux-2.6.32.patch
>
> I added this patch in the SOURCES files, and patched the spec file. It
> now compiles.
>
>   Source0:        http://dl.sf.net/iscsitarget/iscsitarget-%{version}.tar.gz
>   BuildRoot:      %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)
> +Patch0:         iscsitarget-1.4.18-kernel-2.6.32.patch

And have you also tested that it actually works ? In my experience iscsitarget
no longer works reliable. Most likely due to kernel changes which do not break
compilation.

I myself have switched to scsi-target-utils. Recent scsi-target-utils packages
in Fedora come with a /etc/tgt/targets.conf and an initscript reading this making
configuration just as easy as iscsi-target (my initial reason to use iscsi-target
was the very user unfriendly configuration of scsi-target-utils in the past).

Regards,

Hans