rpmfusion and noarch subpackages

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jul 2 09:41:12 CEST 2010

On 07/02/2010 08:55 AM, Chen Lei wrote:
> I think you'd better to add noarch to  -docs subpackage to avoid
> multilib conflict.
Well, yes, this would be a short term work-around to circumvent this issue.

The real issue however is upstream trying to install "build-dependent"
(non-deterministically built) packages into noarch subdirs.

I.e. they should fix the way they generate these files rsp. the tools
they are using should be improved (I haven't checked which tools are
being used)

In the past, we've had a similar case with doxygen. They had added
timestamps to the docs they generated. Fortunately they improved it upon
Fedora's request.

Ralf