Builders need to run a kernel >= 2.6.32

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 23 15:42:18 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just a note to people hosting builders, due to glibc changes
> in rawhide all builders now need run kernels >= 2.6.32, otherwise
> rawhide / development builds will likely fail.

That's... suboptimal. Pretty sure almost all the builders are
currently el5-based. I know mine is.

Can you point out the kernel changes that are explicitly required
here? I can look at backporting them for the rhel5 kernel, and
assuming they aren't too invasive, don't break kabi, etc., I'm pretty
sure I could talk the rhel5 kernel maintainer into taking 'em...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com