Builders need to run a kernel >= 2.6.32

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Jul 27 07:48:59 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>>> I saw a similar glibc bomb running a yum remove while cleaning up some
>>> detritus earlier tonight too. Looks like something bugly somewhere in
>>> the rhel6 stack. Will look into it more tomorrow, its past my bed
>>> time. :\
>>
>> Red Hat Bugzilla #608710 and friends. I've applied a patch attached to
>> that bug (patches an rpm lib) that is thought to possibly fix the
>> problem and installed the resulting build on my builder, and just
>> threw a previously failed build at it... Quite a few rhel6 kvm guest
>> installs are apparently hitting this one, so I expect if this patch
>> isn't the fix, someone is going to get to the bottom of this
>> post-haste. :) (Fingers crossed the one-line patch is indeed the fix
>> though).
>
> Sigh. Never mind. Hadn't seen the latest few comments in the bug until
> now. However, I have a new idea for something that may help (based on
> some comments in bug 607650)... May well be an issue with transparent
> hugepage support in kvm guests. I've turned that feature off now.

Managed to make it all the way through populating two mock chroots
simultaneously with transparent hugepage support disabled, pretty sure
that's the answer, so please go ahead with any recent failed builds (I
think all I saw was ffmpeg builds from Nicolas and
xine-lib-extras-freeworld from Rex).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com