RPM Fusion for EPEL-6

Jack Neely jjneely at ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 29 23:51:50 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 04:51:10PM +0200, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2010/7/29 Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak at v3.sk>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm seriously interested in maintaining my RPM Fusion packages for EL-6
> > (actually, I'd be glad if we had a multimedia stack for it as well),
> > given I'll probably end up with an el6 desktop.
> I'm also interested in,
> EPEL 6 is announced for the end of August
>
> Now I think the first task would be to renew our buildsys before
> anything else. (switch to koji and git).
> Last time I've talked about it, it was missing a serious server
> (anything not a VM and with more than 256M of RAM).
>
> But until the buildsys is open, maybe we can start to branch cvs, it
> will make illusion that we can start packaging works at least.
>
> The other part of the EL-6 maintainability, is the kernel module part,
> and given that the kmod style didn't addressed the issue that was
> raised previously, I think it will be a problem to have something
> undermaintained there, I would prefer to go with http://elrepo.org/
> for that side of things.
>

> Nicolas (kwizart)

I'm interested in the kmod side of things and would like to help get
that support done for 6.  Last I checked the kABI stuff didn't build
in current versions of mock, however, I just saw a bugzilla about that
with a good patch.  I'll take a look and see how they are build at
ELRepo.

Jack

--
Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>