rpmfusion-release

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun May 16 15:15:11 CEST 2010

On 15.05.2010 00:32, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> In RPMFusion, we have two repos - free and non-free and from a end user
> perspective, they are very very likely to want both these repositories.
> Instead of having to install two separate release packages to get what
> they want, can we generate a sub package, say rpmfusion-release-all that
> covers both these repositories?  If we build such a release package
> within Livna, maybe we can enable all three together.    The split is
> useful for some people but it shouldn't be exposed as much as now.

I tend to thinks that the wrong direction in the long term, as that
still doesn't solve problems like "where do I get the flash-plugin" for
new users.

I haven't thought this to the end, but maybe a small app that does
everything needed would be the better solution. E.g. the app could ask
"do you want nonfree software <yes/no>" "do you want to install the
flash-plugin <yes/no>" and things like that.

Yes, there are such small apps already. Last time I looked closer at
them they did some things in a ugly or non-ideal way that often lead to
problems sooner or later. But maybe we could talk to the author of one
of those to clean one up and make it the official, RPM Fusion endorsed
way to configure RPM Fusion and all the other stuff that a lot of people
want.

Cu