Non-commercial redistributable game data

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun May 16 18:19:59 CEST 2010

Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> While I agree the the sentiment, the problem is that the maintainers of
> these games would have to agree to drop them in Fedora and then either
> package them themselves in RPM Fusion or allow others to package them.
> I'm not sure we'll get the necessary buy-in from them.

Well, in principle a FESCo decision banning autodownloader would also do it.
But sadly, I doubt we can get a majority of FESCo for it, after all this is
the committee which voted to allow libvdpau to go into Fedora despite the
only implementation being the proprietary NVidia driver, which allowed
crippleware "community editions" of software to be advertised as Fedora
Features etc. :-(

        Kevin Kofler