branches and cvs requests

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Nov 9 19:58:36 CET 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 1:48 PM, Jack Neely wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 04:39:32PM -0700, solarflow99 wrote:
>> I was wondering if the EL6 branch would become available sometime?  Is
>> there a better way to request new branches than adding block 33 and a
>> request?  I didn't get any response for a while on mine.
>
> I recently spoke with Xavier directly to get access to the EL-6 branch
> on my packages.  I've got successful mockbuilds but it looks like plague
> isn't setup for EL-6 yet.
>
> I've spoken to Thorsten about taking on some responsibilities for the
> EL-6 release as I'm interested in seeing us support that.  (Which
> includes working on kmodtool.)  However, I know the questions I was
> asking are not simple but I would like to move things forward.

I've got mock configs handy and a local RHEL6 beta tree, but it hasn't been wired up in plague yet. I'll try to devote some further attention to that relatively soon, but we may not want to be doing a whole lot of builds until we can build against a newer tree. Anyone have any idea on ETA for CentOS 6?

> In other "news" Red Hat has a executive team webcast shceduled for
> Wednesday (Nov. 11).

Wednesday is actually November 10, but yes, there's a Red Hat media event...

>    http://twitter.com/redhatnews
>
> This may...or may very well not be a RHEL 6 release.

No comment. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com