Taking a break (this time for real) and looking for volunteers that take over my RPM Fusion jobs

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 28 12:09:35 CET 2010

Hi!

Quoting from:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.rpmfusion.devel/7034/

> [...] Think of it a bit like "Thorsten
> will be leaving us by start of the summer (to be clear: summer in the
> northern hemisphere of 2010 ;-) ) and he only does those things from now
> on that he really has to do to keep RPM Fusion running, as there is no
> replacement (yet)". [...]

Seems that was not enough of a warning, as I didn't get any work of my
shoulders. I nevertheless stayed half a year longer and did some work to
make sure RPM Fusion for F14 was ready. But I don't want to continue
like this, as those jobs feel like a burdon and I think I did a bad job
in the past few months (in some areas that was on purpose in the hope
that someone would get annoyed enough and step up to take over that work).

Hence I hereby announce that I plan to orphan most of my packages (all
except for staging-kmod) in RPM Fusion and stop all the regular work by
the end of this year(¹). That includes

 * pushes
 * kmod rebuilds

IOW: If you care about RPM Fusion and want it to continue to exist step
up and take care of things, as I took care of some crucial things and
there is no backup in place right now that will silently take over those
jobs once I stop doing them.

P.S.: I won't vanish completely and will be available to answer
questions by mail; make sure to sent mails directly to me (or CC me on
ML post) if you specifically need my help

(¹) I might take some packages back after a few months if nobody picks
them up and if I feel like it. The latter mainly depends on how things
evolve in RPM Fusion; if it becomes a real healthy project (which I
really hope) with a proper organization and working and healthy
(computer) infrastructure then I'll likely get more involved again in
the long term;