Taking a break (this time for real) and looking for volunteers that take over my RPM Fusion jobs

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 28 17:32:03 CET 2010

On 28.11.2010 12:26, Hans de Goede wrote:
> On 11/28/2010 12:09 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Quoting from:
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.rpmfusion.devel/7034/
> [...]
>> Hence I hereby announce that I plan to orphan most of my packages (all
>> except for staging-kmod) in RPM Fusion and stop all the regular work by
>> the end of this year(¹). That includes
> [...]
> I'm sorry to see you leave (*),

I'm unsure myself if it's "leaving", a (extended?) break, or a heavy
reduction in my involvement. As I said, it depends partly on how things
evolve.

I also think I forgot to make something clear: I think there were two
options for me:

 (a) invest a lot of time and try to get RPM Fusion good to be happy
with it again

 (b) get out of the way, which might get ugly for RPM Fusion and Fedora
users in the short term, but hopefully leads to something better in the
long term when people notice how understaffed RPM Fusion is and begin to
help

It was pretty clear to me that "b" is the better option, as I lack time
right now to do "a" successfully.

Further: Fedora in some areas seems to move in a direction it don't like
much (the updates policy for example; lack of vision/direction another;
and the continued unwillingness to cooperate with RPM Fusion or similar
repos to make Fedora as easy to use as for example Ubuntu is), so I not
sure if spending time on Fedora is worth it.

> But I could maybe take over some of the packages you're orphaning. I was about
> to ask for a list, but I realized I could do that myself, so for all on the list
> here are Thorsten's packages in rpmfusion-free (according to owners.list):
> [...]
> rt2860

That a mistake in owners.list, oget owns this one (and all the other
packages with drivers from Ralink)