communication channels (was Re: problem uploading file)

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Fri Sep 17 12:55:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

> > > A bug or a mail to
> > > http://lists.rpmfusion.org/mailman/listinfo/rpmfusion-sysa
> > > dmin seems to work better to get the attention of the
> > > sysadmins.
> >
> > I'm not subscribed, not sure if I can post there ... and all
> > the sysadmins are reading this list, aren't they? :-)
>
> No, This list is not design for such thing, really.
> We don't pay the same attention to this list and could really
> miss such issue.

ok, I knew this list probably is not the best option, but I
couldn't find any better, as I knew even if this is not the right
place there are people who will tell me what it the proper place
(it could have been bugzilla as well ...)

if you search for "lookaside" at rpmfusion wiki, you find two
pages:
http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors
http://rpmfusion.org/Infrastructure/Groups

the latter says:

"All members in the cvsadmin group exist to maintain our source
control environment. This includes all packages and lookaside
cache."

now you take a crystall ball and it tells you that if you want to
contact cvsadmin people that are said to be in charge for
lookaside cache you have to post to rpmfusion-
sysadmin at lists.rpmfusion.org

not very intuitive ...

also the list description says "RPM Fusion System Administrators"
(resp. "RPM Fusion CVS administrators") - maybe I'm missing some
common knowledge, but that description doesn't tell me what
topics are appropriate as the list may have some specific purpose
like watching build jobs or whatever

so, if my decision to try here bothers you, I'm sorry for the
wrong decision, it did not seem that bad to me

K.

--
Karel Volný
QE BaseOs/Daemons Team