mock 1.1.5 builds kABI modules

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 20:40:25 CEST 2010

2010/9/23 Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>:
> Folks,
>
> Mock version 1.1.5 in Fedora 13 can finally build kABI modules without
> having to hack it.  So I can now successfully build this:
>
>    https://svn.linux.ncsu.edu/svn/clspackages/rpms/openafs-kmod/el6-kabi/openafs-kmod.spec
>
> using ELRepo's kmodtool:
>
>    https://svn.linux.ncsu.edu/svn/clspackages/rpms/openafs-kmod/el6-kabi/kmodtool-el6-openafs.sh
>
> This gets me a lot closer to being able to support EL6
That's look interesting, but would you be able to patch our current
kmodtool in order to have it support for kABI ?
I wasn't aware that the problem was something to do with mock, which
problem was solved in this area ?

Also you've quoted Fedora 13, but this version doesn't have mock 1.1.5 alone.
IIRC we are now using RHEL6beta to build packages. (or maybe the
kernel from outside).

Thx