Why don't Fedora provenpackagers have global write ACLs in RPM Fusion?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Apr 15 18:27:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've witnessed several instances, some personally, some by following
discussions on this list or on IRC, where an experienced Fedora packager who
has provenpackager access in Fedora wanted to commit some trivial fix in RPM
Fusion, but wasn't able to because of ACL restrictions.

Why isn't provenpackager access implemented in RPM Fusion?

As a reminder: in Fedora, provenpackagers have push access to ALL packages
unless FESCo EXPLICITLY approved an exception. Such an exception was granted
ONLY for firefox, thunderbird and xulrunner (for trademark reasons), ALL
other exception requests were rejected. So I think the easiest
implementation in RPM Fusion would be to just give out global write without
any exceptions.

I believe this would help fixing several problems with RPM Fusion packages
in a more timely manner.

        Kevin Kofler