Avidemux 2.5.4 for F15/devel success!

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 03:03:01 CEST 2011

I finally got a good build for F15/devel. If anyone uses it I would
appreciate someone trying it out once it's available.

Now to my questions.

I'm wondering which of the three patches I added should also be added
to the F-14 build.

1. Fixes gcc 4.6 errors that are warnings for previous versions. While
obviously not required, I would think it would be good to fix "bad
code".

2. Fixes x264 for the F-15 version but is backwards compatible with F-14.

3. Fixes a potential crash.

I think #1 probably, #2 maybe, and  #3 definitely.

Is there value in keeping the builds as similar as possible (same
spec, same patches, etc.)? I would think it would make things easier
on the maintainer.

Thanks,
Richard